Traina & Associates, a CapinCrouse Company
In 1999, Lisa Traina, CPA, CITP, CGMA performed her first IT audit for a community financial institution client in Louisiana. Operating as Lisa D. Traina, CPA, L.L.C., she continued to add financial institution clients and eventually staff members. As a result of continued growth and expansion beyond the financial institution market, the firm became Traina & Associates in 2012. On January 1, 2017, Traina & Associates merged with CapinCrouse LLP.
Traina & Associates provides audit and consulting services to financial institutions; nonprofit organizations; hospitals and medical practices; professional service firms; auto industry dealers; manufacturing, industrial, and construction entities; educational institutions; and other small businesses. Each year the firm performs hundreds of audit and consulting engagements with a team of experienced professionals retaining numerous certifications, including CPA, CISSP, CISA, CITP, CGMA and CTGA.
For every engagement, the staff of highly trained professionals completes review procedures in an efficient manner to produce a comprehensive assessment of the client’s Information Systems area. All audit reports are tailored for the unique makeup, size and complexity of the organization being audited. Reports are written in a concise manner, making them easy to read and understand by Management and Directors having a variety of IT expertise.
Traina & Associates has been honored fives times as a member of the LSU 100 list of the top 100 fastest growing Tiger-led businesses. The firm was recognized for Best Use of Audit Management Technology at ACL’s 15th Annual Impact Awards in 2013. Traina & Associates, with its audit software provider, ACL, was honored with the 2013 GRC Value Award in the Audit Management Category by GRC analyst firm GRC 20/20.
Lisa Traina, CPA, CITP, CGMA
Lisa Traina utilizes her more than 30 years of experience as a CPA, CITP and CGMA to assist clients in implementing measures to secure data and manage risks efficiently and effectively. Prior to launching Traina & Associates, she served as Senior Vice President and CIO at a correspondent financial institution, gaining valuable expertise in the financial services technology sector. Lisa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from Louisiana State University (LSU) and is an alumna of the Graduate School of Banking at LSU.
Lisa is a nationally recognized speaker, sharing her knowledge with thousands of bankers, CPAs, nonprofit leaders and business professionals annually to help them leverage emerging technologies. In 1999 and 2008, she received the Society of Louisiana CPAs Outstanding Discussion Leader Award. She shares the same zest for innovation with her own company, which operates 100% in the cloud. Lisa has also been honored with the following awards and positions:
- AICPA Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee and Society of Louisiana CPAs 2016 “Women to Watch Experienced Leader” Award
- 2014 Greater Baton Rouge Business Report “Influential Women in Business”
- 2013 Society of Louisiana CPAs President
- 2012 CPA Practice Advisor magazine’s “Most Powerful Women in Accounting”
In the news
- The Nonprofit Times – 4 Steps For Next Level Cybersecurity
- Christian Academia Magazine – 5 Steps to Strengthen Your Institution’s Cybersecurity Defenses
- Journal of Accountancy – Simple Steps to be Cyber Secure
- Journal of Accountancy Round Table Discussion
- Journal of Accountancy – 5 Steps CPAs Can Take to Fight Hackers
- AICPA CPA Insider – Top 5 Cybersecurity Solutions for CPAs
- AICPA CPA Insider – Top 5 Cybersecurity Risks for CPAs
- Society of Louisiana CPAs Lagniappe – Latest Threats and Tips
- Journal of Accountancy – How Small Businesses Can Keep Data Secure
- Greater Baton Rouge Business Report – Best Advice Received
Lindsey P. Whinnery, CPA, CISSP, CISA
Lindsey has 12 years’ experience in information security audit and consulting services for nonprofit organizations, financial institutions, and health facilities. She stays current on changing threats, government regulations, and various organizations’ security frameworks to design audit procedures and better assist clients in implementing appropriate controls to protect against cybersecurity threats. Prior to joining the firm, Lindsey provided technology support services at a Catholic high school.
Lindsey speaks on information security topics for various groups, including the AICPA and Louisiana Bankers Association. She is an active member in Love In the Name of Christ in Juneau, Alaska.